Search Engine

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Simon Santoso, Tommy Want to End the Curse

VIVAnews - Simon Santoso want to end the luck during this time of Indonesia in the Thomas Cup semi-final meeting in Japan at Stadium Putra, Bukit Jalil, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia this afternoon.
In three previous Thomas Cup, Badminton 24 this year failed to pass the semi-final. But now, he was sure his luck will change.
"I must bring the Thomas Cup, and I'll do it this year," said Simon, who made his debut at the 2004 Thomas Cup in Jakarta, as quoted by the official website of Thomas-Uber.
"Though Indonesia became host in 2004 and 2008, I have not had the experience to appear in the final. I want to change it this year," continued Simon.
Simon seems to be back playing as the second single of Indonesia. Sony Dwi Kuncoro is still doubt about his condition due to a back injury.
Shown in the second single after Taufik Hidayat, Simon just brilliant. If Sony again absent, Simon will face Sho Sasaki or Dieter Domke. He is convinced it can overcome his opponent.
"My self confidence is high. Now, I do not see anyone problems. In fact, I have been preparing myself to appear as a single second. So it's no problem," Simon continued.
"I have never played in the final of Thomas. Now, there is a huge opportunity in front of me. I do not underestimate the power of another team. But other than China, it was the strength of our balance," says Simon.
"I hope to continue the winning trend, and the Indonesian fans need not worry with me. I have faith to donate points. We hope, that's enough to contribute in a team victory," said Simon.
In previous matches, Simon appeared to stop the slick Arvind Bhatt 21-8, 21-10 at Putra Stadium to help the victory over the Indians 3-0. Precisely the main single Taufik had to fight hard to overcome before winning 21-12 Parupalli Kashyap, 10-21, 21-17.
Donated another point Markis Kido-Hendra Setiawan beat Sanave Thomas-Akshay Dewalkar 21-16, 21-17.

No comments:

Post a Comment